1.Who was awarded the nation’s highest peacetime gallantry award Ashoka Chakra posthumously on 26 January 2016 for his acts of most conspicuous gallantry?
a) Lance Naik Mohan Nath Goswami
b) Subedar Mahendra Singh
c) Major Anurag Kumar
d) Naik Kheem Singh Mehra
2.India has been ranked ____on an inaugural list of the world’s best countries.
3. New tree frog genus discovered in NE India, Name it.
4. Who won 300th Grand Slam Singles Match?
a) Novak Djokovic
b) Andy Murray
c) Rafael Nadal
d) Roger Federer
5. _______has been appointed as Private Secretary to President Pranab Mukherjee.
a) Ajay Arora
b) Salil Mishra
c) Sahil Mehta
d) Ashok Kumar Mehta
6. Deposits in Jan Dhan accounts cross Rs __________.
a) 25,000 crores
b) 10,000 crores
c) 20,000 crores
d) 30,000 crores
7. Haryana signs 8 MoUs in ______on smart-cities etc.
c) Sri Lanka
8. ________and DoT sign MoU for national action plan for skill development in telecom sector.
a) Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship
b) Ministry of Skill Developing and Entrepreneurship
c) Ministry of Skill Development and Entertainment
d) Ministry of Skills Development and Entrepreneurship
9. India and Oman will conduct 10th edition of bilateral maritime exercise. Name it.
b) RNOV Al-Shamikh
c) Naseem Al Bahr
d) Naseem Al-obas
10. India’s first High Speed Public Wi – Fi Service in at __________.
a) Anand Vihar Station
b) Mumbai Central Railway station.
c) New Delhi Railway Station
11. Which country submitted its first Biennial Update Report (BUR) on January 22, to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC)?
12. Which Country topped the Human Development Index(HDI) 2015 in South Asian Region?
b) Sri Lanka
13. Shankar Ghosh who died recently was a/an___________.
c) Tabla Maestro
14. What was the theme of the International Customs Day 2016 which is celebrated on 26 January?
a) Digital Customs: Progressive Engagement
b) Digital Engagement: Progressive Customs
c) Digitally Progressive: Customs
d) Digital Engagement: Progressively Customs
15. From which date, the Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Amendment Act, 2015 came into force?
a) 26 January 2016
b) 1 February 2016
c) 31 January 2016
d) 1 April 2016
16.Who was appointed new CBDT chief?
a) Amir jung
b) Rahul Sharma
c) Atulesh Jindal
d) Sumit Arora
17. India celebrated its Republic Day on 26 January 2016. It was India’s
a) 66th Republic Day
b) 67th Republic Day
c) 65th Republic Day
d) 68th republic Day
18. Union Cabinet on 25 January 2016 recommended the imposition of Presidential Rule under Article 356 of the Indian Constitution in which state?
b) Arunachal Pradesh
19. In which country, ISRO will build a satellite tracking and imaging centre that will give the concerned country access to pictures from Indian earth observation satellites over the region?
20. To safeguard vulnerable seaside settlements in Odisha’s Kendrapara district from cyclones like Phailin, a 17.5 kilometer seawall is being constructed. The construction of seawall is based on a technology named
a) Galvanized metallic gabion boxes
b) Saline embankment technology
c) 3D Concrete Printing
d) SUPERCAP System