Current Affairs Quiz: 1 February 2016
1. Which State government on proposed 50 per cent reservation for women in government jobs in the interim budget presented on 1 February 2016?
b) Tamil Nadu
c) Uttar Pradesh
d) West Bengal
2. The 30th edition of the Surajkund International Crafts Mela began at Surajkund in Faridabad, Haryana on 1 February 2016 with which state as its theme?
3. The national legislature of which country was on 1 February 2016 opened for first democratically elected government in more than 50 years?
4. Who on 31 January 2016 clinched the 2015-16 MRF Challenge Formula 2000?
a) Pietro Fittipaldi
b) Tatiana Calderon
c) Nikita Troitckii
d) Max Fewtrell
5. India on 31 January 2016 won the three-match T-20 series against Australia, 3-0. Who was adjudged as the Player of the Series?
a) Virat Kohli
b) Shane Watson
c) Suresh Raina
d) Jasprit Bumrah
6. Who on 31 January 2016 won the National Snooker Championship 2016 title in the men’s category?
a) Aditya Mehta
b) Manan Chandra
c) Pankaj Advani
d) Manish Jain
7. Identify the region. India joined hands with NASA to explore its pristine environment as part of the Spaceward Bound programme?
a) Western Ghats
c) Thar Desert
d) Bay of Bengal
8. Who on 31 January 2016 won the National Snooker Championship in the women’s category?
a) Amee Kamani
b) Keerath Bhandaal
c) Arantxa Sanchis
d) Vidya Pillai
9. Identify the famous British television and radio personality who died on 31 January 2016 in Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom.
a) Benoît Violier
b) Terry Wogan
c) TN Gopakumar
d) KV Krishna Rao
10. Who of the following on 31 January 2016 won won the Australian Open Men’s Singles title?
a) Andy Murray
b) Roy Emerson
c) Novak Djokovic
d) Roger Federer
11. Who on 31 January 2016 won Men’s Singles title of Syed Modi International Badminton Championships 2016?
a) Huang Yuxiang
b) Kidambi Srikanth
c) Akshay Dewalkar
d) Debby Susanto
12. Who on 29 January 2016 was selected for the K Veeramani Award for Social Justice 2015?
a) Narendra Modi
b) Akhilesh Yadav
c) Arvind Kejriwal
d) Nitish Kumar
13. Who on 28 January 2016 was appointed as the Chief Commissioner for Persons with Disabilities?
a) Vimlesh Kumar Padney
b) Satish Kumar Jha
c) Kamlesh Kumar Pandey
d) Salil Kumar Jha
14. Who on 28 January 2016 was honoured with the V Shantaram Lifetime Achievement Award at the 14th edition of the Mumbai International Festival for Documentary, Short and Animation Films?
a) Rajat Bedi
b) Naresh Bedi
c) Suresh Bedi
d) Vikas Bedi
15. To which country did the Union Ministry of Shipping exported six metro train coaches on 29 January 2016?
c) New Zealand
Current Affairs Quiz: 2 February 2016
1. What is the theme of the World Wetlands Day that was observed on 2 February 2016?
a) Wetlands-Cultivable Lands
b) Sustainable Lands for Development
c) Wetlands for our Future – Sustainable Livelihoods
d) None of These
2. Construction work of Borehole Geophysics Research Laboratory (BGRL) was inaugurated on 2 February 2016 by Union Minister Harsh Vardhan at
a) Karad, Maharashtra
b) Karjat, Maharashtra
c) Banghat, Uttarakhand
d) Lansdowne, Uttarakhand
3. Who was appointed as the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Corporation Bank on 1 February 2016?
a) S R Bansal
b) V K Aggarwal
c) Ramesh Gupta
d) Jai Kumar Garg
4. Which social legislation on 2 February 2016 completed ten years of implementation?
b) Right to Education Act
c) Food Security Act
d) Street Vendors Act
5. In which city the third Global Ayurveda Festival began on 31 January 2016?
6. Which country on 1 February 2016 granted licence to use gene editing techniques on human embryos?
a) United Kingdom
d) United States of America
7. India’s first underwater restaurant was unveiled on 1 February 2016 in which city?
8. Which country on 1 February 2016 lifted ban on import of Indian Groundnut?
9. WHO on 1 February 2016 declared Public Health Emergency of International Concern over spread of Zika virus. The virus is transmitted by
a) Machaomyia flies
b) Acartophthalmus flies
c) Aedes mosquitoes
d) Bolitophila mosquitoes
10. Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Afghanistan Chief Executive Officer on 1 February 2016 inked a pact for visa-free travel by their diplomats. What is the name of the Afghan CEO?
a) Abdullah Abdullah
b) Ashraf Ghani
c) Abdullah Ghani
d) Ashraf Ashraf
11. Name the IPS officer who on 1 January 2016 became the first woman to head a paramilitary force.
a) Archana Ramasundram
b) Kanchan Chaudhary Bhattacharya
c) Kanwaljeet Deol
d) Meera Borwankar
12. Name former President APJ Abdul Kalam’s book that was launched in Johannesburg, South Africa on 1 January 2016.
a) Indomitable Spirit
b) Transcendence: My Spiritual Experiences with Pramukh Swamiji
c) Wings of Fire
d) Turning Points
13. Identify the Indian national who was appointed as the Senior Director for the Fragility, Conflict and Violence Group at the World Bank on 1 February 2016.
a) Saroj Kumar Jha
b) Jim Young Kim
c) Shashi Tharoor
d) Shanta Devarajan
14. Which country on 1 February 2016 approved a draft Citizenship Law to expand scope for dual citizenship its citizens?
a) North Korea
15. For which state of India did World Bank approved Million US dollars 35 to Improve Citizen Access to Public Services on 29 January 2016?
a) Andhra Pradesh
b) Himachal Pradesh
c) Uttar Pradesh
d) Madhya Pradesh
Current Affairs Quiz: 3 February 2016
1. President Pranab Mukherjee on 3 February 2016 conferred Honorary Rank of General of Indian Army on General Rajendra Chhetri. He is the Chief of the Army Staff of
d) Sri Lanka
2. Identify the State. It on 3 February 2016 extended the Aahar cheap meal scheme to all the districts?
b) Andhra Pradesh
c) Tamil Nadu
3. Name the former Lok Sabha Speaker and former Union Agriculture Minister in PV Narasimha Rao Ministry who died on 3 February 2016.
a) Rabi Ray
b) GMC Balayogi
c) KS Hegde
d) Balram Jakhar
4. Name the person who was appointed as the Head of Mission and Force Commander of the United Nations Disengagement Observer Force (UNDOF) on 2 February 2016.
a) Saroj Kumar Jha
b) Jai Shanker Menon
c) Jai Kumar Garg
d) Muktesh Kumar Pardeshi
5. Name the state that on 2 February 2016 won the 61st National School Athletics championship.
c) Tamil Nadu
6. Who will head the committee that was appointed by Supreme Court appointed on 2 February 2016 to sell assets of Pearls Agrotech Corporation Ltd (PACL)?
a) Gautam Ghosh
b) Arvind Panagariya
c) L Narshimha Reddy
d) RM Lodha
7. Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Special Collective Incentive Scheme for the economically backward Dalit entrepreneurs was announced by which state?
b) Uttar Pradesh
d) West Bengal
8. With which country the EU Commission on 2 February 2016 agreed on the Privacy Shield framework for inter governmental data transfer?
a) The USA
9. Which Indian film on 1 February 2016 won the Best First Foreign Film Award conferred by the French Syndicate of Cinema Critics for the first time?
a) Manjhi: The Mountain Man
d) Angry Indian Goddesses
10. Which company on 2 February 2016 replaced Apple Inc. to become the world’s most valuable public company?
b) Alphabet Inc.
d) Exxon Mobil Corp.
11. Identify the former Reserve Bank of India Deputy Governor who passed away on 2 February 2016 in Mumbai.
a) SS Tarapore
b) VV Tarapore
c) KV Tarapore
d) C Rangarajan
12. Name the bollywood actor who won the lifetime achievement award in New Delhi on 2 February 2016?
a) Amitabh Bachchan
b) Salman Khan
c) Anupam Kher
d) None of These
13. Name the veteran urdu fiction writer who died on 2 February 2016 in Lahore?
a) Ashfaq Ahmed
b) Intizar Hussain
c) Bano Qudsia
14. Who was appointed as the chief Justice of Gujarat High Court on 3 February 2016?
a) Justice VM Sahai
b) Justice DH Waghela
c) Justice Ramayyagari Subhash Reddy
d) Justice Jayant Manganlal Patel
15. Identify the organization with which NIIF signed a MoU to set-up Russia-India High Technology Private Equity Fund for joint implementation of investments into projects in India?
a) Asian Bank
b) World Bank
d) RUSNANO OJSC of Russia
Current Affairs Quiz: 4 February 2016
1. A UN panel on 4 February 2016 ruled in Wikileaks founder who was unlawfully detained by UK. Name the founder of Wikileaks.
a) Edward Joseph Snowden
b) Chelsea Elizabeth Manning
c) Daniel Domscheit-Berg
d) Julian Assange
2. World Cancer Day (WCD) 2016 was observed across the world on 4 February 2016. The day was observed with the theme
a) We can. I can.
b) Not Beyond Us
c) Our Fight and Cancer
d) None of the above
3. How many Pacific Rim countries on 4 February 2016 signed the US-led Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) agreement in New Zealand?
4. India on 4 February 2016 signed a Cooperation Agreement to acquire the status of the Associate Member State of EMBO. What is the full form of EMBO?
a) European Molecular Biology Organisation
b) Egyptian Molecular Biology Organisation
c) European Molecular Biology Officialdom
d) Egyptian Molecular Biology officialdom
5. Name the first anti-diabetic ayurvedic drug for Diabetes that was launched by CSIR on 3 February 2016.
6. Identify the IAS officer who was appointed vice-president and chief investment officer of the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) on 3 February 2016.
a) DJ Pandian
b) GR Aloria
c) Pankaj Joshi
d) L Chuaungo
7. Name the state that in January 2016 rolled out a de-radicalisation programme for the minority community.
8. Which company on 3 February 2016 claimed that it has achieved a breakthrough in developing a vaccine to fight the mosquito-borne Zika virus?
b) Panacea Biotec Limited
d) Bharat Biotech
9. Which documentary film on 3 February 2016 won the Golden Conch Award for the best documentary film at the MIFF 2016?
a) The boy from Geita
b) Far From Home
d) Lyari Notes
10. Which Indian IT Services firm on 3 February 2016 announced that it was rated as the World’s Most Powerful Brand in IT Services by Brand Finance?
b) Tata Consultancy Services
d) HCL Technologies
11. Name the famous Sarangi maestro who on 3 February 2016 was selected for the prestigious Bhimsen Joshi Classical Music Award for 2015-2016.
a) Pandit Ram Narayan
b) Ramesh Mishra
c) Allah Rakha
d) Abdul Latif Khan
12. The Reliance Defence Ltd on 3 February 2016 announced to set up the Dhirubhai Ambani Centre for Innovation and Research in Aerospace in
13. India on 3 February 2016 confirmed its participation in the Cobra Gold 2016 multilateral military exercise hosted by
14. To which country the European Union on 3 February 2016 agreed to fund 3.3 billion Euros to cope with Syrian migrants?
15. In which city the two-day Counter Terrorism Conference 2016 concluded on 3 February 2016?
Current Affairs Quiz: 5 February 2016
1. Brahmaputra Cracker and Polymer Limited (BCPL) at Lepetkata was dedicated to the nation by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 5 February 2016. Lepetkata is located in which state?
b) West Bengal
c) Arunachal Pradesh
2. Identify the State. The Union Government on 5 February 2016 announced setting up of National Organic Farming Research Institute in it?
3. Name the US Army Lieutenant General whose nomination was confirmed as the commander of the NATO forces in Afghanistan by US Senate committee on 4 February 2016.
a) Sam Browne
b) John Wilson
c) John Nicholson
d) John Campbell
4. Name the state that on 4 February 2016 lifted the restrictions on visit of foreign tourists to certain tribal areas in the State after three years.
c) Madhya Pradesh
5. India on 4 February 2016 submitted its Instrument of Ratification of the Convention of Supplementary Compensation for Nuclear Damage (CSC), 1997. In which year did India signed the convention?
6. The Tea Board of India (TBI) in January 2016 issued Version 5.0 of the Plant Protection Code (PPC) by expanding the list of pesticides and chemicals that is permitted for use by Indian tea industry to
7. Which European city on 4 February 2016 hosted the Supporting Syria and the Region Conference 2016 to mobilise funds for reconstruction of conflict-hit Syria?
8. Which company on 4 February 2016 announced acquisition of cement business of Reliance Infrastructure for 4800 crore rupees?
b) Ramco Cements
c) Dalmia Cements
d) Birla Corp
9. Who was on 3 February 2016 appointed as a member of newly constituted Anti-Corruption Unit Oversight Group by the ICC?
a) Sachin Tendulkar
b) Rahul Dravid
c) Anil Kumble
d) Sourav Ganguly
10. Identify the Public Sector Enterprise that received Miniratna status II on 1 February 2016?
11. Which organization recommended all governments to rate movies with smoking scenes to protect children and adolescents from tobacco addiction in Geneva on 1 February 2016?
12. At which Coast Guard stations did the Indian Coast Guard Day was celebrated on February 1?
a) Vishakhapatnam and Kakinada
b) Chennai and Kolkata
c) Vizhinjam and Fort Kochi
d) Vishakhapatnam and Fort Kochi
13. Who will replace the longtime chief of Google’s Internet search business Amit Singhal on 26 February 2016?
a) Harry Shum
b) Satya Nadella
c) Peter Collins
d) John Giannandre
14. Identify the British-based software keyboard maker which was acquired by Microsoft on 4 February 2016?
15. Who is the only Indian writer to have won the Sundance Institute Global Filmmaking Award 2016 on 30 January 2016?
a) Geetu Mohandas
b) Chetan Bhagat
c) Munshi Premchand
d) RK Narayan
Current Affairs Quiz: 6 February 2016
1. During his visit to Assam, the Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 5 February 2016 dedicated to the nation India’s highest wax producing unit using indigenous technology at
a) Numaligarh Refinery Limited
b) Bongaigaon Refinery Limited
c) Umium Refinery Limited
d) Digboi Refinery Limited
2. In which state, Union Government in February 2016 decided to set up the National Organic Farming Research Institute?
c) Himachal Pradesh
3. Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) will allow online exit of subscribers from National Pension System from
a) 29 February 2016
b) 15 March 2016
c) 1 April 2016
d) 31 July 2016
4. By what percentage Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in India swelled in the financial year 2015-16?
5. To which South Asian country athletes did India provided special concession for the South Asian Games that started in Guwahati on 5 February 2016?
6. Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) on 5 February announced Indian squad for Asia Cup and World T20. Who of the following is/are part of the squad for World T20?
a) Mohammed Shami and Pawan Negi
b) Hardik Pandya and Pawan Negi
c) Harbhajan Singh and Yuvraj Singh
d) All of the above
7. Which state government informed its concerned high court that it will appoint Food Safety Commission for distribution of food under Public Distribution System (PDS) in three months?
8. The maiden Kerala Literature Festival began in February 2016 at which place?
9. At which place in Tamil Nadu, the Kanyakumari – Bangalore Island Express derailed on 5 February 2016 injuring 20 peoples?
10. US President Barack Obama on 5 February 2016 proposed what amount of tax on crude oil to fund a new green transportation system?
a) 10 dollars per barrel
b) 9 dollars per barrel
c) 11 dollars per barrel
d) 8 dollars per barrel
11. Which African country in February 2016 declared a state of disaster in most rural parts of the country severely hit by drought?
d) South Sudan
12. Power equipment maker Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) on 5 February 2016 announced the inauguration of 500 MW Kosti thermal power plant in which African country?
d) South Sudan
13. The United States on 5 February 2016 launched anti-dumping investigations into certain categories of tyres from which two countries?
a) Argentina and Brazil
b) Brazil and China
c) China and Argentina
d) China and India
14. Which Bollywood actor will feature in the World Health Organisation (WHO) diabetic awareness campaign?
a) Amitabh Bachchan
b) Ajay Devgan
c) Akshay Kumar
d) Shah Rukh Khan
15. Which private sector bank joined hands with Indian Railways to set up 1000 water purifiers on stations across the country by 2019?
a) HDFC Bank
b) ICICI Bank
c) Kotak Mahindra Bank
d) Yes Bank
Current Affairs Quiz: 7 February 2016
1. The Pope Francis in second week of February 2016 will hold a historic first meeting with Patriarch Kirill, the Head of Russian Orthodox Church in
c) Vatican City
2. Which state on 6 February 2016 launched the new revenue code booklet that will introduce new land revenue codes from 11 February 2016?
d) Uttar Pradesh
3. Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare JP Nadda on 6 February 2016 launched Project Sunlight for prevention of AIDS in the Northeast at
4. Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 5 February 2016 declared the 12th South Asian Games open at the Indira Gandhi Athletics Stadium of
a) Chennai, Tamil Nadu
b) Guwahati, Assam
c) Kolkata, West Bengal
d) Shillong, Meghalaya
5. Mahindra Asset Management Company (AMC) on 4 February 2016 received Securities and Exchange Board of India’s (SEBI’s) approval to manage
a) Mahindra Mutual Fund
b) Mahindra Credit Fund
c) Mahindra Collective investment Fund
d) Mahindra Insurance Company
6. Identify the sixth man to walk on the Moon. He died on 4 February 2016 at the age of 85.
a) Edgar Mitchell
b) Alan Shephard
c) Stuart Roosa
d) Charles Duke
7. Union Labour Ministry on 5 February 2016 signed agreements with leading organizations engaged in employment and career related activities to exploit the potential of
a) HRIDAY Project
b) Defunct public bodies of India
c) National Career Service project
d) Non-Departmental Public Bodies of India
8. Union Urban Development Ministry has approved projects worth over twelve crore rupees for improving tourist infrastructure in heritage places of
a) Kanchipuram and Vellankini
b) Amaravati and Warangal
c) Badami and Dwarka
d) Puri and Gaya
9. Name the South African Nation that on 5 February 2016 declared a state of disaster in rural parts of the country hit by a drought.
10. The Brazilians Club Atletico Paranaense on 5 February 2016 won the inaugural match of the Sait Nagjee International Club Football Tournament drubbing England’s Watford FC 2-0 being played in
Current Affairs Quiz: 8 February 2016
1. Name the Pakistani leg-spinner who was suspended from cricket for three months by International Cricket Council (ICC) on 7 February 2016
a) Yasir Shah
b) Salman Butt
c) Mohammad Asif
d) Mohammad Amir
2. Name the player of the match of the final and third match of three-match Women ODI series between Australia and India.
a) Smriti Mandhana
b) Grace Harris
c) Mithali Raj
d) Alex Blackwell
3. Who on 7 February 2016 won gold for India in the women Wushu Taulu Competition of the 12th South Asian Games?
a) Sapna Devi
b) Sunita Devi
c) Suman Devi
d) Savitri DeVI
4. Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 7 February 2016 inaugurated the Paradip Oil Refinery in Odisha. The Paradip Oil Refinery is set by which oil and gas company?
a) Oil and Natural Gas Corporation
b) Indian Oil Corporation
c) Bharat Petroleum
5. Which country launched the Kwangmyongsong-4 satellite in February 2016?
a) South Korea
b) North Korea
6. Name the eminent Cartoonist from India who died on 6 February 2016 due to brain tumor in Gurgaon.
a) RK Laxman
b) Abu Abraham
c) Sudhir Tailang
d) Sattiraju Lakshmi Narayana
7. Which Union Ministry on 6 February 2016 launched Project Sunrise to cater to the needs of 8 north eastern States?
a) Ministry of Health & Family Welfare
b) Ministry of Rural Development
c) Ministry of Urban Development
d) Ministry of Civil Aviation
8. India and China in February 2016 held their 1st joint tactical military exercise Sino-India Cooperation 2016 in Chusul-Moldo region of which state?
c) Jammu and Kashmir
d) Arunachal Pradesh
9. Identify the director who received Directors Guild of America (DGA) award for best feature film at the 68th annual DGA Awards in February 2016.
a) David Nutter
b) Alejandro Gonzalez
c) Chris Addison
d) Matthew Heineman
10. What was the rank of Delhi in the National Air Quality Indices (NAQI) for 24 cities that was released by Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) in the first week of February 2016?
11. As per NASA, its new rocket, the Space Launch System (SLS), carrying 13 CubeSats and an uncrewed Orion Spacecraft will be launched in
12. Which organisation released the first machine harvestable chickpea variety, NBeG 47 in February 2016?
13. Which firm of Maharashtra was in news in February 2016 for developing OX513A mosquito strain to check the growth of Aedes mosquito that transmit Dengue, chikungunya and Zika virus?
a) GBIT Ltd
b) RBIT Ltd
c) NBIT Ltd
d) KBIT Ltd
14. United Nations Postal Administration in February 2016 unveiled commemorative stamps to promote Free & Equal campaign. The campaign will promote which of the following issues?
a) Elimination of Child Labour
b) Zero Poverty
c) LGBT Equality
d) Refugee Rights
15. Who was appointed as the President of the newly formed International Grown Diamond Association in February 2016?
a) Vishal Mehta
b) Vishal Sikka
c) Vishal Patel
d) Vishal Khanna
Current Affairs Quiz: 9 February 2016
1. Name the former Prime Minister of Nepal and President of Nepali Congress who died on 9 February 2016.
a) Sushil Koirala
b) Krishna Prasad Bhattarai
c) Girija Prasad Koirala
d) Surya Bahadur Thapa
2. Name the noted Urdu Poet and well known Bollywood lyricist who died due to heart attack in Mumbai on 8 February 2016.
a) Josh Malihabadi
b) Nida Fazli
c) Raghupati Sahay
d) Firaq Gorakhpuri
3. Sonadia port project that was in news in February 2016 is based in which of the following country?
b) Sri Lanka
4. Name the storm that battered parts of southern Britain by heavy rain and winds up to 96 miles per hour (mph) in February 2016.
5. New Zealand on 8 February 2016 won the Chappell-Hadlee Trophy by defeating Australia. Chappell-Hadlee Trophy is associated with which game?
6. Who on 8 February 2016 won the gold in women’s individual squash after beating Maria Toorpaki Wazir of Pakistan at the 12th South Asian Games?
a) Dipika Pallikal
b) Joshna Chinappa
c) Nicol David
d) Laura Massaro
7. Identify the New Zealand cricketer who retired from One-Day Internationals (ODIs) on 8 February 2016?
a) Nathan McCullum
b) Brendon McCullum
c) Andy Morris
d) Nathan Astle
8. In how many International Languages did the Union Government launched the 24×7 Toll Free Tourist Infoline on 8 February 2016?
9. Identify the organization that issued the Prohibition of Discriminatory Tariffs for Data Services Regulations, 2016 on 8 February 2016.
d) None of the above
10. Who on 5 February 2016 was appointed as the President of the South Asian Wrestling Federation?
a) Tabiur Rehman
b) UH Neville Pdmashri
c) Brij Bhushan Sharan Singh
d) Raj Mohammed Ansari
11. The Royal Navy of United Kingdom in February 2016 presented its desire to officially study India’s humanitarian rescue operation in Yemen. Name it.
12. Who in February 2016 was appointed as the Executive Vice-Chairman of The Energy and Resources Institute?
a) Ajay Mathur
b) Rajeev Gupta
c) Vikas Malhotra
d) Rajendra Kumar Pachauri
13. The Chettinad cotton saree in the first week of February 2016 won the India Handloom tag for its unique designs and identity. The Chettinad cotton saree is also known as
c) Vamshi Vastra
14. Which educational institute recently emerged as India’s first fully solar-powered educational institute?
a) Aarupadai Veedu Medical College
b) Sri Venkateshwaraa Medical College Hospital & Research Centre
c) Sri Aurobindo International Centre for Education
d) Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Veterinary Education And Research
15. Which country became the first country in the world to ban supermarkets from throwing away or destroying unsold food?
b) The United States of America
c) United Kingdom
Current Affairs Quiz: 10 February 2016
1. Name the chewable tablet that was provided to children during the first National Deworming Day in schools and preschools (anganwadis).
d) Cuprum oxydatum nigrum
2. Union Government in February 2016 sanctioned about 580 crore rupees as part of the cost for constructing the 15-km railway track that will connect Kolkata with Tripura via Bangladesh. The link will pass through which city of Bangladesh?
3. By what percentage the milk production in India increased in the year 2014-15?
4. With which state did Union Railway Ministry signed MoU for formation of Joint Venture Companies for development of railway infrastructure in the state on 9 February 2016?
a) Madhya Pradesh
5. Name the country that on 9 February 2016 passed a proposal to amend the Constitution to strip people convicted of terrorist offences of their nationality.
b) United States of America
6. President Barack Obama on 9 February 2016 unveiled a Cyber Security National Action Plan on the eve of
a) Safer Internet Day
b) Day for awareness on cyber security
c) Better Internet Day
d) None of the above
7. Report of the Working Group on Introduction of Interest Rate Options in India that was released in February 2016 was prepared by RBI committee chaired by
a) Deepak Mohanty
b) Umesh Bellur
c) PG Apte
d) Sumit Bose
8. What is the name of the plan that sought to regulate emissions of carbon dioxide from US power plants but was stalled by the US Supreme Court on 8 February 2016?
a) Clean Power Plants
b) Clean Power Plan
c) Green Power Plants
d) Green Power Plan
9. Name the state that in February 2016 announced to construct a centre for showcasing the state’s diverse and rich culture.
a) Arunachal Pradesh
b) Tamil Nadu
10. The 9th Indo-Nepal military exercise ‘Surya Kiran 2016’ is being held in which of the following location?
11. Identify the agency with which Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) of India signed grant agreement for India Aviation Safety Technical Assistance Phase II.
12. The Noor Ouarzazate Solar Complex, world’s largest solar power plant, was opened in February 2016. The complex is located in which country?
13. United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-Moon on 9 February 2016 launched a report, which calls for a new agenda for the first-ever World Humanitarian Summit. What is the name of the report?
a) One Humanity: One Love
b) One Humanity: Shared Responsibility
c) One Love: One Humanity
d) Shared Responsibility: One Humanity
14. Who on 8 February 2016 was appointed the Chief Justice of the Bombay High Court?
a) Justice Vijaya Kamlesh Tahilramani
b) Justice C. K. Thakker
c) Justice Anil R. Dave
d) Justice Dhirendra Hiralal Waghela
15. The Hindu Marriage Bill 2015 was passed on 8 February 2016 by the National Assembly’s Standing Committee on Law and Justice of which country?
d) Sri Lanka
Current Affairs Quiz: 11 February 2016
1. Name the person who was appointed as Australia’s new High Commissioner to India on 11 February 2016.
a) Frances Adamson
b) Harinder Sidhu
c) Pallavi Sharda
d) Mathai Varghese
2. The North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) and the European Union (EU) on 10 February 2016 signed an agreement to improve cooperation on
a) Tackling ISIS
b) Crimea Issue
c) Cyber defense
d) Migrants Issue
3. Who took the charge as the director of the United Nations Information Centre (UNIC) in Buenos Aires that serves Argentina and Uruguay on 10 February 2016?
a) Tamar Hahn
b) Kiran Mehra-Kerpelman
c) Yuri Afanasiev
d) None of these
4. Which state on 10 February 2016 unveiled the draft document titled Vision 2030?
5. Which UNESCO World Heritage Site in India will be completely electrified by the Independence Day 2016?
a) Ajanta-Ellora caves
b) Ellora Caves
c) Hill Forts of Rajasthan
d) Elephanta Island
6. The Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC) agreed to store half of crude oil in which of the following strategic petroleum storage that is being managed by Indian Strategic Petroleum Reserve Ltd. (ISPRL)?
7. Who on 8 February 2016 was named as IFPI Global Recording Artist of 2015 across all music formats?
b) Ed Sheeran
c) Taylor Swift
d) One Direction
8. Identify the veteran Bengali film director who passed away on 10 February 2016 in Kolkata?
a) Bappaditya Bandopadhyay
b) Satyen Bose
c) Aurobindo Mukherjee
d) Chidananda Das Gupta
9. Identify the Kerala martial artist who on 8 February 2016 set a new world record for most knuckle push-ups in a minute is?
a) Melvin Matthew
b) Sijin Jacon
c) V J Gomes
d) K J Joseph
10. Smartbox Ecommerce Solutions on 9 February 2016 announced its tie-up with which bank to help reduce delivery returns for e-commerce firms?
a) Bank of India
b) YES Bank
c) Dena Bank
d) Axis Bank
11. For which region of India did Union Government released the Hydrocarbon Vision 2030 in February 2016?
a) Ghoorkha land
b) North Andhra
d) Bhundhel Khand
12. Identify the academy to which Reliance Industries chairman and managing director (CMD) Mukesh Ambani and Sam Pitroda were elected members in February 2016.
a) Indian National Academy of Engineering
b) US National Academy of Engineering (NAE)
c) UN Academy of Aviation
d) None of these
13. Where was the Marine Museum inaugurated on 3 February 2016?
a) Puri, Odisha
b) Digha, West Bengal
c) Andaman & Nicobar Island
d) Daman and Diu
14. Which animal was notified as vermin for a period of one year in Uttarakhand by the Union Government in February 2016?
a) Wild Pig
b) Neel gai
c) Wild Fox
d) Wild Elephants
15. Where the National Arogya Fair-2016 was held in the month of February 2016?
a) New Delhi
Current Affairs Quiz: 12 February 2016
1. The National Framework for Malaria Elimination (NFME) that was released on 11 February 2016 at New Delhi outlines India’s strategy for elimination of the disease by
2. Name the country that on 11 February 2016 appointed women ministers for the newly created portfolios for happiness and tolerance, and youth affairs.
a) United Arab Emirates
c) Saudi Arabia
3. Name the state who’s Land Revenue Act, 2015 became effective on 11 February 2016.
d) Uttar Pradesh
4. Identify the Section of CrPC. The Supreme Court on 11 February 2016 upheld clampdown on access to mobile internet by States under the Section.
a) Section 144
b) Section 145
c) Section 146
d) Section 147
5. India on 11 February 2016 signed nine agreements including in the sphere of cyber security, infrastructure, renewable energy and finance with
b) United Arab Emirates
6. The Indian-origin lawyer who was appointed as the Vice-Chairman of the International Chamber of Commerce Commission in February 2016?
a) Ram Jethmalani
b) Kapil Sibal
c) Manish Tewari
d) Davinder Singh
7. Who among the following Indian-Americans was not an elected member of the National Academy of Engineering of the USA as announced on 8 February 2016?
a) Anil K Jain
b) Ganesh Thakur
c) K R Sridhar
d) Kartik Chandran
8. Ministry of Railways on 11 February 2016 signed an MoU with which state government for the development of railway infrastructure in the state?
d) Andhra Pradesh
9. Name the Indian lawyer who on 11 February 2016 was appointed South Asia Regional Director at International Court of Arbitration.
a) Arvind Bhushan
b) Vinay Sharma
c) Vikas Behl
d) Abhinav Bhushan
10. Name the Indian IT consulting company which on 11 February 2016 announced the acquisition of US-based health insurance firm HealthPlan Services.
a) Wipro Technologies
c) Tata Consultancy Services
d) HCL Technologies
11. Identify the Soviet footballer, the scorer of the first ever UEFA European Championship qualifying goal, who died on 10 February 2016 in Moscow, Russia.
a) Oleg Blokhin
b) Anatoli Ilyin
c) Vagiz Khidiatulin
d) Viktor Kolotov
12. Name the authors of the fiction book, A Kingdom for his Love that was launched in February 2016 by Amar Chitra Katha (ACK).
a) Vani Mahesh and Shinie Antony
b) Renuka Vishwanathan and Shinie Antony
c) Reena I. Puri and Vani Mahesh
d) Jason Quinn and Naresh Kumar
13. What was India’s rank in the United States Chamber of Commerce’s 2016 Intellectual Property Index that was announced on 10 February 2016?
14. Identify the State. Its Mobile One m-governance project on 10 February 2016 won gold at the 4th World Government Summit in Dubai?
a) Andhra Pradesh
b) Tamil Nadu
15. Identify the Pulitzer Prize-winning composer for music for Variations for Orchestra who died on 4 February 2016.
a) Virgil Thomson
b) Ernst Toch
c) Gian Carlo Menotti
d) Leslie Bassett
Current Affairs Quiz: 13 February 2016
1. According to External Affairs Ministry, which community in February 2016 was recognized for being the first flag bearer of Indian culture overseas?
a) Red Indians Community
b) Persian Community
c) Roma Community
d) Both (a) and (b)
2. Where was the International Roma Conference held in February 2016?
a) New Delhi
3. According to a study published in February 2016, a natural extract derived from Neem tree can be used to treat which type of cancer?
a) Bone Cancer
b) Blood Cancer
c) Pancreatic Cancer
d) Lung Cancer
4. From when the second phase of Odd-Even Scheme will be implemented in New Delhi?
a) 31 March 2016
b) 1 June 2016
c) 15 April 2016
d) 15 March 2016
5. What is the size of State Budget 2016-17 presented by Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on 12 February 2016?
a) 346945 crore rupees
b) 346935 crore rupees
c) 446935 crore rupees
d) 446945 crore rupees
6. After how many years did a Chief Minister of Kerala presented the state budget in the assembly on 12 February 2016?
a) 30 years
b) 28 years
c) 27 years
d) 29 years
7. Which sector has received the maximum attention in the State Budget 2016-17 of Kerala presented on 12 February 2016?
c) Infrastructure development
8. The State Budget 2016-17 of Uttar Pradesh presented on 12 February 2016 proposed a new Samajwadi Kisan Evam Sarvhit Bima Yojna with a corpus of
a) 897 crores rupees
b) 3136 crore rupees
c) 1000 crore rupees
d) 2716 crore rupees
9. India and United Arab Emirates (UAE) on 12 February 2016 reaffirmed their resolve to work together to increase trade how many percent over the next five years?
10. Name the Pakistani umpire who was banned for five years by the BCCI on corruption charges on 12 February 2016.
a) Aleem Dar
b) Ahsan Raza
c) Zameer Haider
d) Asad Rauf
11. Who won the South Asian Games’ first Women’s Hockey Gold medal on 12 February 2016?
c) Sri Lanka
12. Which State on 12 February 2016 got its first Mega Food Park promoted by M/s Indus mega Food Part Pvt. Ltd?
c) Madhya Pradesh
13. In which country was the historic Jain temple demolished in February 2016?
14. Which city in West Asia hosted World Government Summit in the second week of February 2016?
b) Abu Dhabi
c) Kuwait City
15. Who was on 12 February 2016 appointed as the chairperson of The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI)?
a) R K Pachauri
b) B V Sreekantan
c) Ashok Chawla
d) Ajay Mathur
Current Affairs Quiz: 14 February 2016
1. In which city the Make In India Centre was inaugurated on 13 February 2016 by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi?
a) New Delhi
2. World Radio Day was observed on 13 February 2016 with the theme
a) Radio in Times of Emergency & Disaster
b) Youth and Radio
c) Radio as a tool of Infotainment
d) Radio and Development
3. Identify the personality. He went on an indefinite leave on 3-days after his appointment as the executive vice chairman of The Energy and Energy and Resources Institute?
a) Tamar Hahn
b) R K Pachauri
c) B V Sreekantan
d) Ashok Chawla
4. Identify the West African nation in which six UN Peacekeepers were killed on 12 February 2016 in a terrorist attack.
5. Which university on 13 February 2016 celebrated its 100 years of establishment?
a) Banaras Hindu University
b) Savitribai Phule Pune University
c) University of Hyderabad
d) University of Madras
6. The legislature of this country on 12 February 2016 adopted sanctions on North Korea for conducting nuclear test and rocket launch.
b) The USA
7. As per a finding of scientists from the US, Canada, China and India this many number of people die prematurely due to air pollution across the world.
a) 4.5 million
b) 5.5 million
c) 6.5 million
d) 7.5 million
8. Scientists in February 2016 announced detection of gravitational waves for the first time. The existence of these waves were first predicted by
a) Albert Einstein
b) Isaac Newton
c) Stephen Hawking
d) Allen Turing
9. The Supreme Court on 12 February 2016 asked all States and UTs to strictly follow the Union Government’s advisory on this age-old inhuman social practise.
10. Who is the chairman of the commission that in February 2016 requested for extension of its tenure to complete the probe on solar scam in Kerala?
a) Kamlesh Chandra
b) L Narasimha Reddy
c) B S Bawan
d) Justice Sivarajan
Current Affairs Quiz: 15 February 2016
1. The Supreme Court on 15 February 2016 rejected a Public Interest Litigation (PIL) seeking Leader of Opposition (LoP) status for the Congress in Lok Sabha. In this context, name the leader of the Congress in the parliament.
a) Dr. Abhishek Manu Singhvi
b) Mallikarjun Kharge
c) Ajay Maken
d) Rahul Gandhi
2. The Supreme Court on 15 February 2016 upheld Army’s policy of preferential promotion to officers in combat units. This policy was recommended by which committee?
a) Ajay Vikram Singh Committee
b) BC Roy Committee
c) A Mukherjee Committee
d) PK Pahwa Committee
3. Union Government on 15 February 2016 approved central assistance of over how many crore rupees to seven states affected by drought?
a) 4600 crore rupees
b) 3687 crore rupees
c) 4087 crore rupees
d) 3087 crore rupees
4. Which one of the following states is not included in the package announced for the seven drought-hit states on 15 February 2016 by the Union Government?
b) Tamil Nadu
c) Himachal Pradesh
5. Sahitya Akademi’s annual Festival of Letters began in New Delhi on 15 February 2016. The focus of 2016 festival is on
a) Tribal, Oral and North-Eastern literature
b) Dravidian literature
c) Tribal and Oral literature
d) North-Eastern literature
6. UK banking giant HSBC in February 2016 announced that it will keep its headquarters at
c) Hong Kong
7. Who was sworn-in as the Chief Justice of Bombay High Court on 15 February 2016?
a) Justice VM Kanade
b) Justice VK Tahilramani
c) Justice SC Dharmadhikari
d) Justice Hiralal Waghela
8. In which State a one-month special financial inclusion drive was launched on 15 February 2016 wherein cooperative banks will open new bank accounts and also fill KYC forms?
9. At which place National Woman Sports started on 14 February 2016?
10. What was the Wholesale Price Index (WPI)-based inflation in January 2016 as per the data released by the Ministry of Commerce and Industry in February 2016?
a) – 0.90 percent
b) – 0.73 percent
c) – 0. 50 percent
d) – 0.87 percent
11. Which two countries on 15 February 2016 began the joint military exercise LAMITYE 2016?
a) India & Nepal
b) India & Bangladesh
c) India & Seychelles
d) India & Sri Lanka
12. What is the theme of Make In India Week that began on 13 February 2016 in Mumbai?
a) Design, Innovation and Sustainability
b) Innovation, Development and Sustainability
c) Innovation, Employment and Developmet
d) Growth, Development and Employment
13. Which one of the following ITDC-run hotels is not part of the Union Government’s plan to disinvest loss-making properties?
a) Hotel Janpath
b) Hotel Bharatpur Ashok
c) Hotel Patliputra Ashok
d) Hotel Lalitha Mahal Palace
14. Name the India’s under-19 cricket captain who was signed by leading sports management group IOS Sports and Entertainment for a period of three years in February 2016.
a) Ishan Kishan
b) Washington Sundar
c) Anmolpreet Singh
d) Rishabh Pant
15. Who won the St. Petersburg Ladies Trophy on 14 February 2016 in the women’s doubles category?
a) Rishika Sunkara & Serena Williams
b) Sania Mirza & Martina Hingis
c) Rishika Sunkara & Martina Hingis
d) Sania Mirza & Maria Sharapova