1. When Mahatma Gandhi was arrested, who among the following took over the leadership of Salt Satyagraha ?
a) Vinobha Bhave
b) Sardar Vallabh Bahai Patel
c) Abbas Tyabji
d) Maulana Abdul Kalam Azad
2. Mahatma Gandhi was first arrested during ‘Satyagrah’ in the year-
3. What was the basis of transfer of power to India on 15 August by ?
a) On this day the Indian National Congress has demanded ‘Poorna Swara’.
b) On this day Mahatma Gandhi started ‘Quit India Movement’
c) Anniversary of formation of Interim Government.
d) Anniversary of the surrender of Japanese army before Admiral Mountbatten.
4. The Mughal painting reaches its zenith during the reign of-
5. Which statement on the Harappan Civilization is correct ?
a) Horse sacrifice was known to them.
b) Cow was scared to them.
c) ‘Pashupati’ was venerated by them.
d) The culture was not generally static.
6. The Bandung Conference was major milestone in the history of :
a) The Non-aligned movement.
b) Indo Chinese relationship.
c) U.S-Vietnam war.
d) Creation of ASEAN.
7. In 1939, for the first time, Gandhiji tried out his special techniques of controlled mass struggle in a native state. He allowed a close associate of his to lead a satyagraha. Who was he?
a) K.T. Bhashyam in Maysore
b) Jamnalal Bajaj in Jaipur
c) Vallabh Bhai Patel in Rajkot
d) Nebakrushna Chaudhri in Dhenkanal
8. In which of the following movements did Mahatma Gandhi make the first use of Hunger Strike as a weapon ?
a) Non-cooperation Movement, 1920-22
b) Rowlatt Satyagraha, 1919
c) Ahmedabad Strike, 1918
d) Bradoli Satyagraha
9. Alberuni came to India with
a) Mahmud of Ghazni
10.Who amidst the following great music composers was the rule of State ?
b) Shyama Shastri
c) Muthu Swami Dikshitar
d) Swati Tirunal
11. In which session of Congress the demand of “Poorna Swaraj” was accepted as the aim of the Congress ?
12. Who was the leader of the Bordoli Satyagraha ?
a) Dr. Rajendra Prasad
b) Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru
c) Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel
d) Acharya J.B. Kripalani
13. Where is Muslim mosque situated where a hair of pagamber Mohammad Saheb has been preserved ?
14. Naokhali is situated in –
a) West Bengal
15. Which is the correct chronological order of following ‘Acharyas’ ?
a) Shankara – Ramanuja – Madhav – Chaitanya
b) Chaitanya – Ramnuja – Madhav – Shankara
c) Ramuja – Shankara – Chaitanya – Madhav
d) Madhav – Chaitanya – Ramnuja – Shankara
16. Who among the following from the first cabinet of indepenent India was responsible for mass religious conversion ?
a) D.r. S.P. Mukherjee
b) D.r. John Mathai
c) Sardar Baldev Singh
d) D.r. B.R. Ambedkar
17. The capital city ‘Daydo’ established by Kublai Khan is situated at –
a) Samar qand
c) Ulan Battort
d) Alma Atta
18. The social system of Harappans was :
a) Fairly egalitarian
b) Slave-Labour based
c) Colour ( Varna ) based
d) Caste based
19. The home of Gragi , Maitrey, and Kapila was at
20. Which area of India was known as Avantika in ancient times?