1. Fabianism is closely related to :
b) Scientific socialism
c) Democratic socialism
2. A federal structure for India was first put forward by the :
a) Act of 1909
b Act of 1919
c) Act of 1935
d) Act of 1947
3. Which Writ is issued by a High Court or the Supreme Court to compel an authority to perform a function that it was not performing ?
a) Writ of Certiorari
b) Writ of Habeas Corpus
c) Writ of Mandamus
d) Writ of Quo Warranto
4. In case of a disagreement between the two Houses of Parliament over a non – money bill :
a) the bill will lapse
b) the President may sign it into a law
c) the President may call a joint sitting of both the Houses to consider it.
d) the President may ask both the Houses to reconsider it.
5. A money bill passed by the Lok Sabha is deemed to have been passed by the Rajya Sabha also when no action is taken by the Upper House within :
a) 10 days
b) 14 days
c) 20 days
d) 30 days
6. Which of the following exercised the most profound influence in framing the Indian Constitution ?
a) British Constitution
b) US Constitution
c) Irish Constitution
d) The Government of India Act, 1935
7. What can be the maximum interval between two Sessions of Parliament ?
a) Three months
b) Four months
c) Six months
d) Nine months
8. How does the Constitution of India describe India as ?
a) A federation of States of Union Territories
b) A Union of States
d) A federation nation
9. The Committee appointed in 1977 to review working of the Panchayati Raj chaired by :
a) Balwant Rai Mehta
b) Ashok Mehta
c) K.N. katju
d) Jagjivan Ram
10. Separation of the judiciary from the executive has been provided in one of the following parts of the Indian Constitution ?
a) The Preamble
b) The Fundamental Rights
c) The Directive Principles of State Policy
d) The Seventh Schedule
11. The following article of the Indian Constitution abolished the practice of untouchability.
a) Article 14
b) Article 18
c) Article 17
d) Article 19
12. Which of these is NOT included as a Fundamental Right in the Indian Constitution ?
a) Right to Freedom of Speech
b) Right to Equality before the Law
c) Right to Constitutional Remedies
d) Right to equal wages for equal work
13. Bills of which of the following categories can be initiated only in Lok Sabha ?
a) Ordinary Bill
b) Private Members Bill
c) Money Bill
d) Constitution Amendment Bill
14. From the following languages listed in the English Schedule of the Constitution pick out the one which is the official language of State ?
15. Who is authorised to transfer the Judge the one High Court to another High Court ?
a) The President
b) The Chief Justice of India
c) A Collegium of Judges of the Supreme Court
d) The Law Minister
16. Which of the following can a court issue for enforcement of Fundamental Rights ?
a) A degree
b) An Ordinance
c) A writ
d) A notification
17. Which Commission made the recommendations which formed the basis for the Punjab Reorganisations Act which created the states Punjab and Haryana ?
a) Dhar Commission
b) Dass Commission
c) Shah Commission
d) Mahajan Commission
18. Which of the following Standing Committees of Parliament has no MP form Rajya Sabha ?
a) Public Committee
b) Estimates Committee
c) Committee on Public Undertakings
d) Committee on Government Assurances
19. How are legislative excesses of Parliament and Assemblies Checked ?
a) Intervention from President Governor
b) No Confidence motions
c) Judicial review
d) General elections
20. Under the Directive Principles of State Policy, up to what age of the children. they are expected to be provided free and compulsory education ?
a) 14 years
b) 15 years
c) 16 years
d) 18 years