■ Raju, Ramesh, Rita and Reena are 4 students of different classroom coaching centres of XYZ, a leading classroom coaching centre for Banking aspirants.
■ Each belongs to a different state, ie UP, Uttarakhand, Bihar and Odisha, but not necessarily in the same order.
■ XYZ arranged an All India Mock-Test series for all the classroom coaching centres students of XYZ in 4 cities Bangalore, Kolkata, Dehradun and Chennai.
■ The students Raju, Ram, Rita and Reena appeared for the test series in different cities. When the results were declared they got first to fourth position in All-India ranking. They were students of XYZ, ie Lucknow, Delhi, Patna and Cuftack, but not necessarily in the same order.
■ The one who appeared at the Bangalore test centre got the 4th position in All-India ranking. But he is not Ramesh. The one who appeared at Chennai for the test got the first position. The one who belongs to Uttarakhand got the third position, while the one who studied at the Lucknow centre got the second position in All-India ranking.
■ Raju and Ramesh studied neither at the Lucknow centre not at Delhi. They appeared for test neither at Kolkata nor at Dehradun. They belong neither to Odisha nor to Uttarakhand.
■ The one who studied at the Patna centre does not belong to Bihar. The one who belongs to Uttarakhand is not Reena. The one who studied in Delhi did not appear for the test at Kolkata centre. The one who belongs to UP did not appear at Bangalore centre.
1. In which of the following cities did Raju appear for the test?
1) Bangalore 2) Dehradun 3) Chennai 4) Kolkata 5) Data inadequate
2. Which of the following combinations is definitely true in respect of the given information?
1) Ramesh — Dehradun — 2 2) Rita — Bangalore — 4 3) Reena — Kolkata — 3 4) Raju — Chennai —1 5) None is true
3. Ram belongs to which of the following states?
1) UP 2) Bihar 3) Odisha 4) Can’t say 5) None of these
4. Who got the second position in the All-India ranking?
1) Ram 2) Rita 3) Raju 4) Reena 5) Can’t say
5. Which of the following information is not true regarding Rita?
1) Rita got 3rd position in All-India ranking. 2) Rita belongs to UP. 3) Rita appeared for the test at the Dehradun centre. 4) She was a student of Delhi centre. 5) None of these