1. The productivity software category includes all of the following EXCEPT:
A. word processing.
B. peripheral device management.
C. personal information management.
2. All of the following are examples of word processing software EXCEPT:
A. Microsoft Excel.
B. Microsoft Word.
C. Corel WordPerfect.
3. Microsoft Excel and Lotus 1-2-3 are examples of ____________ software.
A. word processing
4. To save an existing file with a new name or to a new location, you should use the
B. Save and Replace
C. New File
D. D. Save As
5. In a spreadsheet, the columns and a rows form individual boxes called:
6. The cell address C5 indicates that the cell:
A. contains a label value of “C5.”
B. is at row 5, column C of the worksheet.
C. is at row C, column 5 of the worksheet.
D. is performing a calculation involving a variable called “C.”
7. In a spreadsheet, equations you build yourself using mathematical operators along with values and cell references are called: A. formulas.
Answer: A Reference: Spreadsheet Software Difficulty: Moderate
8. AVERAGE is an example of a:
9. Performing a “what-if” analysis is most commonly accomplished using ____________ software.
10. All of the following terms are associated with spreadsheet software EXCEPT:
D. virus detection
11. System software does all of the following EXCEPT:
A. help run the computer.
B. coordinate instructions between application software and the computer’s hardware devices.
C. help manage system resources.
D. add graphics and pictures to files.
12. Software refers to a set of instructions that tells the computer what to do. These instruction sets are called:
13. Microsoft Outlook and Lotus Organizer are examples of ____________ software.
B. personal information manager (PIM)
14. Microsoft Power Point and Corel Presentations are examples of ____________ software.
15. Microsoft Project is an example of ____________ software.
A. personal financial
B. customer relationship management (CRM)
C. project management
D. personal information manager (PIM)
16. Software designed for a specific industry is known as ____________ software.
B. general business
C. project management
D. vertical market
17. QuarkXPress and Adobe InDesign are examples of ____________ software.
B. word processing
D. desktop publishing
18. A table is a collection of related:
19. ____________ software (sometimes called photo-editing software) allows users to make basic modifications to digital images such as removing red-eye.
A. Desktop publishing
C. Word processing
D. Web page authoring
20. Computer-aided design (CAD) software can do all of the following EXCEPT:
A. design and create a Web page.
B. allow engineers to build virtual models.
C. allow engineers to create automated designs and model visualizations.
D. work in conjunction with global positioning (GPS) systems.
Click here to download- 50 Computers MCQ’s (PDF)