Daily Current Affairs 11 October 2017
1. Actor Anupam Kher has been appointed the new chairman of Film and Television Institute of India (FTII), located in Pune. He succeeds former television actor Gajendra Chauhan.
2. Founder member of Trinamool Congress Mukul Roy today resigned from Rajya Sabha.
3. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved Rs 2,000 crore specifically for setting up Aadhaar centres in post offices, a move that will see private contractors phased out from the data collection process.
4. 11 October has been marked as the International Day of the Girl Child. This year’s theme is “The Power of the Adolescent Girl: Vision for 2030.”
5. SC criminalises sex with minor wife aged between 15 to 18 years
6. Visa has tied up with the Andhra Pradesh government for Digital Dhan Sankalp project. It is an initiative to develop Visakhapatnam into India’s first ‘less cash’ city.
7. Shri Vinay Mohan Kwatra has been concurrently accredited as the next Ambassador of India to the Principality of Monaco, with residence in Paris.
8. Iceland created history by qualifying for the 2018 World Cup. This is the first time that Iceland qualified for the World Cup.
9. Chief minister Devendra Fadnavis launched ‘MahaLabharthi‘ web portal (https://www.mahalabharthi.in) that will help people get information about all the government schemes that they are eligible for.
10. Axis Bank Ltd has recently completed the acquisition of mobile wallet firm Freecharge and appointed Sangram Singh as its CEO. He has replaced Jason Kothari.
11. FIFA has decided to suspend the Pakistan Football Federation (PFF) with immediate effect in accordance with the decision of the Bureau of the FIFA Council on account of undue third-party interference.
12. The mixed pair of Jemson Ningthoujam and Ankita Bhakat clinched the gold medal as India returned with three medals from the World Archery Youth Championship in Rosario, Argentina.
13. Himachal Pradesh government implemented the Senior Citizen Health Insurance Scheme (SCHIS) to provide easy access to curative geriatric health care services by way of additional cover.
14. Nisha Desai Biswal, former Indian-American assistant secretary of state for South and Central Asia has been appointed as the new president of US India Business Council (USIBC).
15. Supreme Court bans sale of fire crackers in Delhi-NCR till 1 November 2017.
You May Also Read: Click on Links Given Below ➡
See Also:- Monthly Current Affairs Magazine (PDF)
See Also :- Banking Awareness Questions For IBPS PO
See Also :- English Practice Questions
See Also :- New Pattern Reasoning Questions for IBPS PO
See Also :- High Level Puzzle Questions for IBPS PO
See Also :- Missing DI Practice Questions
See Also :- PDF Study Materials
See Also :-Previous Year Papers
See Also :- Complete Static GK Notes
See Also :- Complete Jobs Alerts
See Also :- Free Online Speed Tests
Follow us on Social Network